Since the school districts in Texas can't get it together and form one huge health care related group, our district changes health insurance carriers every other year. While the current plan isn't that hot, we did score a free gym membership along with it. Conveniently, it is the same gym of which I was a member - now with the added bonus of 'free'! If that's not cool enough, they have these high tech pedometers that you can upload to your own website, keep track of steps, log exercise & measurements, etc. Results earn you points which translates to gift cards! (You know I'm gettin' the Target card!)
Anyway, they have this summer challenge going on. While I'm walking way more than I was when this whole thing started (averaging between 12,000 - 20,000 steps/6-10 miles per day), my randomly selected team is not going to win, nor will I win the individual prize. However, this is no reason to give up or stop setting goals. I am SUPER competitive - especially if there is a huge male chauvenist former co-worker involved. And there is. My current goal is to beat Monis (who always seems to be about 3,000 steps ahead of me.) Bastard. I know. This is rather petty, but he's really just such a schmuck.
Oh - and Carrie's team is either first or tied for first all the time. There are some big bills in her future. I wonder if they will give it in the form of gift cards - kick ass!
Excuse me. I must now get off my ass to beat this ass and lose some of my ass in the process.
1 comment:
Work that ass!!
I shall also make it my goal to beat freakin' Monis!
Post a Comment