Tuesday, September 02, 2008

9021-oh?

Double episode of The New Zip tonight.
Some then and now thoughts...

1. The Parents of the New Kids on the Block - Um, Jim Walsh never had an illegitimate child, but if he had, Cindy wouldn't have been so snippy. And I'm not sure if I like him as principal. No one could scold like Mrs. Teasly. Or give in to a rousing chorus of "Donna Martin Graduates!"
2. The New Kids on the Block - Both are ethical, but not quite up to Brandon Walsh-ethical standards. And, hmmm. New girl falls for bad-boy surfer. Hmm. Where have I heard.....hmmm.
3. Deja Vu - Bren? Kel? Nat? Cool. Even if most of the lines where gratuitous.
4. Extended Family - Teenage Erin (sorry. Silver.)? Andrea's daughter? Where is Dylan's sister? Is she still a teenage prostitute?
5. Kelly Taylor's kid? With curly blond hair? Is it Steve's?? Oh, let it be!

I am pleased to see that they've already covered drug addiction, friend-betrayal, teenage pranks, and drunken relatives. Now for the anorexia episode as they ALL need to eat a burger at The Peach Pit.
OOoh...and next week Kelly and her mother are gonna have a Zip-fashion, mother-daughter smack down!
Aaron would be so proud...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow. I don't even know who the hell you are talking about! I feel so out of the loop. Was never a fan of the first show after the first few episodes. But more power to 'em!

Now bring back Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, or Soap, and we're cookin'!!

eve said...

I was a big fan of 90210, but still have no idea who you are talking about! When is this new show on?