Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Grammys - A Few Thoughts

I'm kind of old, so I'm usually at a loss as to whole most of the people are up on stage now.
Some random thoughts and observations though...
1) I just want to give Jennifer Hudson a hug.
2) The Jonas Brothers? With Stevie Wonder? Really?! They actually didn't sound bad, but they had Stevie Freakin' Wonder up there, and it's not like he can't make anyone sound good. I'm sure the tweens had NO idea of the "old guy's" significance.
3) I love The Beatle (just the one). And I love Dave Grohl. (He fights foo for goodness sake!) And you know I was singing along to the old school Beatles!
4) Speaking of The Beatles, was Coldplay going for a Sgt. Pepper look?
5) Finally figured out who Adele is - knew the song, never saw the face. (I know! What if someone invented a TV station that played videos and you could see people...wait. Been there. Done that. Screwed it up.)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I didn't even watch the Grammy's - how sad is that? Did Coldplay win everything? I did hear that neither Rihanna nor Chris Brown were present due to an assault. Ooohhhh....

Kellie said...

Yes, Coldplay won Rock Band of the Year and Song (or album) of the year. I think. I saw them win two things with title similar to those. I was ironing.

DKT said...

So glad Adele won for Best New Artist. She's a true talent. I only watched the first hour, then fell asleep. So I'm watching the rest tonight...