Saturday, April 19, 2008

Thing to NOT do in Public

This morning I went to my training/paperwork session at Kelly Services. I am one of twelve teachers from about seven school districts who was offered a summer internship at USAA, the insurance giant. (So giant, in fact, that the Kelly Services agency banch that is handling all the paperwork for this program exists solely to staff temporary employees for USAA. Amazing.) It is a six week assignment, and I will be working in the Finance Department ~ I teach the English, so that frightens me; I'm hoping they don't have high expectation for my math skills. I'm sure there will be stories to share. (Note: I am still holding out hope for the ETS job I interviewed for weeks ago.)
Anyway, while waiting for the HR folks to get things settled, a woman across the room pulls out the nail clippers and proceeds to trim up her claws.
Um.
Yuck.

No comments: