Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Name Game

The Others
Because there just isn't enough room to respond to Carrie on her blog, I give you this.

She questions the doings of your Name Twins. To find: go to Google; type in your name; see who/what comes up. (You know you've done it!) A couple of things about the Kellie Sears' of the world...

1) If you're looking for me, I am all things NISD. Still. Or MacArthur HS.

2) There is in Texas another KS who is an English teacher. You can look her up here (I am slightly more chronologically advanced than She.) I am thinking she is all things teacher-related on the web that are not NISD. Yet, my master's portfolio does not come up because....? (You can look up other teachers and see the fun/odd things they can teach - or have been stripped of!)

3) Another KS in Ohio is all about the horses and recently purchased Diamonds Lil Chip. Pretty. (I'm rather scared of the equines.) Funny story. My 1st history teacher at Luna -history teacher/coach - regularly Googled his name while the kids were watching a movie (read: Googled his name often). His other Self was a horse thief in days of yore & yesteryear. I told him I had a Counterpart who raised horses; John said his Other would steal them. Was funny.

4) An up-and-coming KS (Kelli - she lacks the terminal 'e') is a star volleyball/softball player in Floresville. I have no athletic ability. She apparently has a boyfriend named Tim; I went to prom with a guy named Tim. Weird.

5) More & more of Me have popped up recently. Was just me & Horse Kellie & Historical Kellie from McLennan, Texas, for a long while. (So many of us in Texas!)

Other Names
Carrie also wonders about other odd names you've encountered - and you know I've had a bunch.

a) Yes, there was a Nichole Sixx (Nikki) - super-awesome kid. She did have a brother Vincent Neil, but no, they were not twins. And clearly, their 'Rents had a thing for Motley Crue - followed them around the country and such. (I shall adopt a Joe, Sav, two-armed Rick, Phil, Steve, and Viv.)

b) Then there was Geddy Lee E. *sigh* I never liked Rush to begin with; I like them even less now.

c) Had a Gary Cooper. I reminded him & Mom of the woman Dad left them for & he was the reason I stopped writing kids up all together. (Dolce freakin' let her torture me. That's a whole damn post in itself & I don't feel like going there.)

d) Cassius Clay - a study in irony. Wee little fella. Could possibly float like a butterfly, but I would not worry much in the stinging like a bee part. Harmless.

Am off to buy a tank top for trip. Bring on 2009!
PS - Is hard to blog with 18 lb. cat sitting on mouse.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey, I remember him - but didn't he misspell his name Cashes? At Neff, yes?

Kellie said...

Probably. But that opens up the whole spelling-of-names issues...'nother subject in and of itself.