Today I get called into the supervisor's office and am asked to call my remaining teammate, Chris to join as well, with assurances that it's "not anything bad." We've had a run of "bad" on the team of late - our lead has been out for over a month with some mysterious neck issue for which physical therapy and meds have had no effect - no fun. As such, Chris & I have had to do the work of three people - Chris is reponsible for laser; I'm responsible for passages. (Will not explain lasers - is not Star Wars-style fun though, but you may think of me spending my day trying to defeat the Death Star, if you wish. With Han Solo, please.) This setback has basically doubled my workload, which isn't a lot of fun, but it's been a learning experience.
So, Chris and I sit down, and Laura explains that since we've taken up the slack in Christina's absence and have received kudos from other departments for our diligence, she put us in for an "On the Spot" Award! Nice to get a bonus (yes, in every sense of the word),and a pat on the back of appreciation for working hard.
Seriously. I love my job.
2 comments:
You said "put you in" for the award. So does that mean that you got the award or that you are up for the award? I would totally vote for you :) Great job!
Congrats on your award! Good job. Can you have your supervisor talk to my supervisor? :)
I tagged you, so go check out my latest post!
Post a Comment