Monday, June 15, 2009

Greetings From a Part-Time Olympian

I'm suppose to be editing items, and I'll get to that, but I thought I'd update. I'm without my regular camera or the means to upload, so I will rely on the Internet for pictures. Work is going well, and I've been trying to take an evening walk around Capitol Lake. This is a very outdoorsy kind of place.
We went to Seattle on Saturday. Took a Duck Tour around town. Some facts: The view from Frasier's apartment? Non-existent. The exterior of Seattle Grace Hospital? The KOMO TV station next to the Space Needle. Part of the tour was a floaty-float in the Duck boat on Lake Union. I once saw an HGTV House Hunters episode where a retired couple was looking for a floating home on Lake Union. The small, 1000 square ft. homes begin around $700k. There's really not much to them, but you can't beat the view. Many of the ships featured on The Greatest Catch (I don't watch it, but I've heard of it) are docked at the lake since it's freshwater and better for the ships. The exterior of Tom Hank's character's house from Sleepless in Seattle is one of the floating homes. Again, didn't get close enough for a decent picture, but I saw it! I could totally live in Seattle if I had billions of dollars for a condo on Alki Avenue. Beachfront property on Elliott Bay? Excellent. At the recommendation of Christina's hairdresser, we had lunch at Pegasus Pizza on Alki. Good stuff. Afterwards we headed to the adult version of the Underground Tour as we'd already seen the regular version. Raunchy stuff. City built on sin - literally.
Today we ate lunch at a wee little place in Olympia where Kris Nova-whatever from Nirvana (not Cobain, due to the not alive-ness or Dave Grohl, but the other guy) frequents. I wouldn't know him if I tripped over him, but I'm still on the lookout for Kevin Bacon whose son attends Evergreen College (where they don't give grades?! I call it Self-Esteem U.) I appreciate my kitty sitters & my pictures. I owe yous guys! There really is no place like home, and since I'll be going to Wicked again with the fam when I get back, I have that much more to look forward to!

2 comments:

eve said...

I had a student once who transferred from Evergreen College so I got the pleasure of looking up the catalog. Yea, I don't think much transferred....

Carrie said...

I so want to do the Underground tour!