So at my cool job where I get paid to read (yes, read), I was looking up short story anthologies. As the SA Library website does not provide synopses for books, I turned to my friend Amazon.com.With great excitement, I found a new companion to the Harry Potter series will released December 4!! Coincidentally, I have been listening to Book 7 on CD on my way to and from work, and when the trio finally got around to reading the "Three Brothers" fairy tale out of the Beetle the Bard Dumbledore willed to Hermione, I remembered that JK wrote the actual book for a charity. Only six original copies, illustrated by JoRo herself, were released and auctioned. I kept thinking that she should write it for everyone to enjoy...and she has!
(This afternoon, the book was #7 on the bestseller list. Seven hours later? Both copies occupy the top spots, surpassing Breaking Dawn.)
And because I was on an Internet search to see if it made the news, I wander to JK's site, and today is Harry's birthday! Isn't she a marketing genius to tie it all together?! She is like the Madonna of the YA Lit world with all the keeping herself in the news!
Maybe now she will write that prequel....(now you have to buy that book for the 800 word story, but it was about young James & Sirius, getting into trouble with Muggle police.)
No comments:
Post a Comment